No Va FAMILY RESOURCEDIRECTORY ONLINE
The Northern Virginia Family Resource Directory is now ONLINE! Search by topic, service type, jurisdiction, insurance/Medicaid and trauma expertise. Find descriptions and contact information for agencies, organizations, support groups, services, and resources of relevance to formed and other families raising children, youth and young adults with special needs. A video tutorial shows how to navigate the online Directory:GO TO ONLINE RESOURCE DIRECTORY
For individual use. Please contact presenters directly for permission for group use or duplication.
RESOURCE WEBPAGES, by TOPIC
These webpages identify external resources on specific topics of interest to foster, kinship and adoptive families.
- Adoption Subsidy and Assistance
- Dispute Resolution (between family and school)
- Family Engagement
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) and Neuro developmental Disorders
- Fostering Connections Act and Strengthening Families Act
- Kinship Families
- Mental Health & Substance Use Disorders
- Special Education Basics
- Transition Through Middle And High School And Beyond
- Trauma and Trauma-Sensitive Schools
- Just for Youth and Young Adults
DUDE, WHERE'S MY TRANSITIONPLAN? Workbook
The guide is youth-friendly and covers many of the basics of transition preparation and planning, including:
- Transition planning as part of the IEP
- Transition services
- Goal setting
- Post-secondary education
- Health care
- Independent living options
- Managing money
- Adult rights and responsibilities
- MANY national and Virginia resources DOWNLOAD the WORKBOOK HERE!
Recordings of webinar presentations and accompanying materials.