Click to access Formed Families Forward resources:
- Fact Sheets
- No Va Formed Families Resource Directory
- Dude, Where’s My Transition? Workbook
- Resources on Specific Topics/ Topical Webpages
- Past Presentations
- Momentum E-Newsletter Archive
- Archived Webinars
- Foster Families: Did You know?
- Kinship Families: Did You Know?
- Adoptive Families: Did You Know?
- Children and Trauma: What Can You Do?
- Mental Health Needs in Formed Families
- Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports
- Responding to Children Impacted by Trauma
- Kinship Care: Rights and Responsibilities
- Our Training and Support Services
- What Formed Families Forward Can Do for You
No Va FORMED FAMILIES RESOURCE DIRECTORY
The 2017-18 edition of the Northern Virginia Formed Families Resource Directory is now available! It includes descriptions and contact information for agencies, organizations, support groups, services, and resources of relevance to formed families. DOWNLOAD the DIRECTORY HERE!
DUDE, WHERE’S MY TRANSITION PLAN? Workbook
This workbook is designed for youth and their families as they plan transitions through middle school, high school and beyond. Learn more about DUDE, here.
LINKS TO RESOURCES on SPECIFIC TOPICS
PAST PRESENTATIONS (for individual use; please contact presenters directly for permission for group use or duplication)
- November 9, 2017 Success for Students with ADHD: How New Federal Guidance Impacts your Child by Catherine Adams and Kelly Henderson
- February 8, 2017 The In’s and Out’s of Social Security Disability, SSI and DAC Benefits by Sheri Abrams, Esq.
- October 27, 2015 Trauma Awareness Training for Families and Professional Partners by Chrissy Cunningham
- August 25, 2015 Forward to the Finish Line: An Update on Virginia’s High School Graduation Requirements webinar slides
- August 25, 2015 Credit Accommodations at a Glance handout for Forward to Finish Line Webinar
- May 18, 2015 Great Expectations Program session by NVCC Great Expectations staff and students
- Spring Forward 2015 Pulling It All Together panel presentation
- Spring Forward Family Fun Day Keynote “April Showers Bring…More Conflict” by Leila Peterson
- Spring Forward breakout “Parent Child Interaction Therapy” by Lori Day and Elizabeth Adams
- Spring Forward breakout “Stepping it Up: Making the Most of Special Education” by Kelly Henderson
- February 26, 2014- Slides from Making it Count: Recent State Changes Impact How Students with Disabilities Receive High School Credit, Credit Accommodations webinar with VDOE
- January 22, 2014- Slides from Got the Mid-School Year Blues webinar
- October 26, 2013- selected resources from Brain Based Approaches to Fetal Alcohol and Other Neurobehavioral Conditions, presented by Melissa Elligson
- September 11, 2013 School’s In Making Special Education Work for Children and Youth with Mental Health Needs, Virginia Family Network webinar
- Just So You Know…Strategies for Nontraditional Families to Share Their Information with Schools “All About Me” template
- “All About Me” format guide
- January 14, 2013 Effects of Attachment and Sensory Integration by Owen, Kennedy & Peterson
- December 13, 2012 Policy Advocacy by Amy Woolard
- December 13, 2012 Becoming A Stronger Advocate by Kelly Henderson
- November 16, 2012 Trauma training by Dr. Leslie Kimball Franck
- November 7, 2012 Presentation on Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder- learn more about FASD at www.nofas.org
MOMENTUM e-NEWSLETTER ARCHIVE
Click above for Newsletters December 2014 and beyond
September 2013 School’s In: Making Special Education Work for Children with Mental Health Needs webinar, presented by FFF for the Virginia Family Network
Slides from January 2015 Managing the Mid-Year Muddle webinar, presented by FFF
May 2015 The Intersection of ADHD with Foster-Adoptive-Kinship Families: How Can Caregivers Help? hosted by PEATC
August 25, 2015 Forward to the Finish Line: An Update on Virginia’s Graduation Requirements with Marianne Moore, VDOE