Throughout the year, Formed Families Forward offers training on a variety of education, disability, mental health, and other topics of relevance to foster, adoptive and kinship families. See our EVENTS calendar for upcoming training events offered by Formed Families Forward and other agencies and organizations.
Upon request, we also provide customized trainings for families and professionals at no cost to the hosting agency or organization. Training topics include:
- Special education overview
- Understanding disabilities and disorders
- Recognizing and responding to trauma and child traumatic stress
- Strengthening communication between school and home
- Resolving disputes with agency personnel
- Use of positive behavioral supports at home and at school
- Legal standing of foster parents and kinship caregivers
- Being effective in individualized education program (IEP) and evaluation meetings.