Summer Camps and Programs 2023
FFF has compiled links for summer 2023 camps, therapeutic recreation offerings and other programs for children and youth with special needs in the northern Virginia region.
- City of Alexandria Therapeutic Recreation offers innovative, inclusive, accessible and affordable programs to residents age 3-17 with differing abilities. Activities include sports, group games, music and movement, arts and crafts, swimming, weekly field trips and much more! Online registration is not available for Therapeutic Recreation programs. Please contact the Therapeutic Recreation office at 703.746.5422 for more information. Therapeutic Recreation | City of Alexandria, VA (alexandria.gov)
- Arlington County Therapeutic Recreation Summer Camps (Camp Discovery and Project F.I.V.E.) are adaptive summer camps designed for individuals with disabilities, ages 6 – 21. They are recommended for campers who benefit from close supervision and moderate to maximum support with personal care, recreation participation, and/or social skills. TR Summer Camps – Official Website of Arlington County Virginia Government (arlingtonva.us)
- Fairfax County Therapeutic Recreation Services Summer Camps are open to residents (ages 5-22; and individuals over 22 who have not yet graduated) of Fairfax County, the City of Falls Church and the City of Fairfax with developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities, autism spectrum disorder, physical disabilities, emotional disabilities, learning disabilities, and/or attention deficit disorders. Each site will have a variety of staff-to-participant ratios available to meet the different needs of campers. Ratios range from 1:2 to 1:5. Therapeutic Recreation Camp | Neighborhood and Community Services (fairfaxcounty.gov)
- Loudoun County’s Adaptive Recreation Summer Camp (AR Camp) is designed to meet the individual needs of participants who generally benefit from extra support as they strive for daily success within school, leisure and community settings. AR Camp offers participants opportunities to enjoy traditional recreation activities, as well as new leisure experiences. Summer Camps | Loudoun County, VA – Official Website
- Prince William Parks offers summer camps for all children, https://www.pwcva.gov/department/childrens-programs/summer-camps. The Prince William County Schools Parent Resource Center has compiled a detailed list of general summer camps as well as specialty programs (i.e. equestrian, swimming, dance) available throughout the entire northern Virginia region. The camp listing is organized by special need or disability and located all over the region, https://www.pwcs.edu/academics___programs/special_education/parent_resource_center/summer_camp_list