Special Education Advocacy
Special Education during a very Special Fall: What Families Should Know about IDEA during the COVID Pandemic
This webinar with Maria Blaeuer, Esq. of Advocates for Justice in Education, Inc. in Washington, DC was broadcast live on October 21, 2020. This webinar is part of our Facing Fall: FFF Answers Your Questions webinar series.
Slides from Take Action: Strategies for Supporting & Advocating for our Daughters w ADHDNovember 08, 2018
Slides from 11/8/18 presentation by Catherine Adams of the ADHD Resource Group of No Va and Kelly Henderson of FFF. Girls with ADHD-Parenting for 11 8 18
Back to School: Surviving Reentry 2018 webinarSeptember 16, 2018
A Formed Families Forward webinar that covers some 504 and IDEA basics, as well as some strategies for communicating with school staff and kicking off the new school year well!
Note- Recording includes some dead space at beginning; content starts at 15 minutes in.
Spring Forward breakout “Stepping it Up: Making the Most of Special Education”
Spring Forward breakout “Stepping it Up: Making the Most of Special Education” by Kelly Henderson.
Understanding the mountain:
- Basics of early intervention (birth -age 3)
- Basics of disability access
- Basics of special education (age 3 –21)
Living with the mountain: IDEA cycle
Alternative routes to scale the mountain: Special Issues for formed families
Spring Forward 2015 Pulling It All Together panel presentationApril 11, 2015
- gain strategies for improving organization of students’ time and materials.
- learn positive approaches for communicating with school personnel generally and in IEP meetings specifically.
- identify options for addressing troubling behaviors at school and at home
- learn from and with other parents/caregivers and gather resources to use in supporting the children and youth in